This week we're talking about identifying mystery yarn! (A quick note - we mentioned next week's episode, but it will actually be two weeks away!) KAL: Sock Hop will be at 4pm EST on January 1.
We're digging deep into your stash to help you identify yarn that might no longer have any identifying information. (Eek!) This week's question is about choosing patterns when knitting socks for larger feet.
WPI (wraps her inch) and Yarn Weight Charts
Here's a link to a WPI tool, in case you're having trouble visualizing it!
Tools for yardage
- Mystery yarn (with WPI/weight identified)
- Kitchen or postage scale (need to measure in grams)
- Yarn Weight and Yards per Pound Chart
- These are estimates/ranges because fiber content and yarn construction affects physical weight
Patterns mentioned in this week's episode:
What's on our needles this week:
- 10 Days left until December 31st
- Participate by posting pictures with #makegoodsocks on Instagram OR share comments and photos on our website
- Never too late to join!
- One knitter will win a $150 gift card to Scratch - you don’t have to finish to win!
- SOCK HOP **Join us in an Instagram Live at **4pm EST on January 1- request to join and we’ll let you go Live to show off your socks! @makegoodpod
Send us your letters! firstname.lastname@example.org
Support make good: a knitting podcast