Episode 2: All About Blocking
Correction: we mention in this episode that Eucalan needs to be rinsed out. It doesn't - we were both misremembering. Sorry about that!
Today we talk about blocking your finished objects: what it is, how to do it, and how not to mess it up. Then get some suggestions for what to knit after your first sweater project.
Mentioned in this week's episode
- Blocking Supplies at Scratch
- Tin Can Knits How to Block a Handknit Sweater
- Gleener Sweater Care Tool
- Darning & Mending Loom Kit by Katrinkles
- Nunavut Qiviut
- Travel Steamer (link goes to Amazon)
- Cocoknits Sweater Care Kit
On our needles this week
- Jessica: Holiday Charm Set, designed by Joji Locatelli, knit in Hudson & West Forge
- Karen: Cinnabar shawl, designed by Andrea Mowry, knit in Dyed in the Wool and Versus
Patterns mentioned in the Dear Scratch portion (all links go to Ravelry)
Submit a question to our next Dear Scratch installment by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Brought to you by [Scratch Supply Co](scratchsupplyco.com).