Episode 11: Short Rows
Short rows are your friends! Join us on a deep dive into the what, how, and why of these delightfully short sections of knitting that will make your finished projects fit like a dream!
Short row resources:
_Patterns with short rows that we mentioned: _
- Ursa Sweater by Jacqueline Cieslak (links to Ravelry)
- The Rain Outside by Sylvia McFadden (links to Ravelry)
Short row tutorials:
- Wrap and Turn short rows (w&t) - Purl Soho on YouTube
- German short rows (gsr or ds - double stitch) - TinCanKnits blog
- Japanese short rows - Åsa Tricosa blog
- Shadow wrap short rows - CocoKnits website (video and blog)
- Yarn over short rows - Cocoknits blog
- Åsa Tricosa Ziggurat book
On our needles:
make good stashdown:
Welcome to our first annual Stashdown KAL! This year's stashbusting project will be Stephen West's Penguono. Even though the KAL has started, there's still time to join! Really, isn't being fashionably late #goals?
- We cast-on January 4th, but you can join us at anytime!
- Post photos of your Penguono progress on Instagram and use the tags #makegoodstashdown and #makegoodpenguono
- Each tagged photo will count as one entry. You may enter as many times as you'd like!
- You do not need to be finished with your Penguono to be eligible to to win, but you do need to follow @makegoodpod
- On February 1st we'll randomly select one of you to win $150 gift card to Scratch!
- MARCH OF THE PENGUONOS!!! March 6th... more details to come!
Follow us on our new Instagram account @makegoodpod
Submit a question to our next Dear Scratch installment by emailing us at email@example.com
Brought to you by Scratch Supply Co.
photo credit: The Rain Outside Shawl © Softsweater Knits