Episode 10: Picking Patterns
This week we talk about where we get our knitting patterns, and how access to patterns (and becoming a designer!) has changed over the years. We also answer a Dear Scratch question about yarn bleeding during blocking... yikes!
If you're curious about our littlest, naughtiest dog Charlie, you can see him on our website!
- TinCanKnits - The Simple Collection
- Vogue Knitting
- Spotlight Debut Patterns: Knitting on Ravelry
- CocoKnits Sweater Workshop by Julie Weisenberger
- Knit How - Simple Knits, Tools & Tips
- Nomadic Knits
- Pompom Quarterly * Guest Editors: * Aimée Gille * Stephen West * Ocean Rose
NOTE: Unless otherwise noted, designers and patterns mentioned will link to Ravelry pages.
- Woolly Wormhead
- Jessie Maed Designs
- Morthunder - Morgan Woltersdorf
- Lavanya Patricella
- Sylvia McFadden
- Isabell Kraemer
- Andrea Mowry
- Jared Flood / Brooklyn Tweed (website)
- Hudson and West Co. (website)
- Blue Sky Fibers (website)
- Harrisville Designs (website)
- Ripple Buttshorts - Jessie Maed Designs
- The Rain Outside - Sylvia McFadden
- Sandoval - This.Bird.Knits
- Lotta - Marie Greene
- Flax - Tin Can Knits
- Stag Head Pullover - Norah Gaughan
- Check out the amazing Stag Head Pullover from @booksandcables - (Instagram)
- Cinnabar - Andrea Mowry
- Knitorious RBG - Park Williams
On our needles:
make good stashdown:
Welcome to our first annual Stashdown KAL! This year's stashbusting project will be Stephen West's Penguono. Even though the KAL has started, there's still time to join! Really, isn't being fashionably late #goals?
- We cast-on January 4th, but you can join us at anytime!
- Post photos of your Penguono progress on Instagram and use the tags #makegoodstashdown and #makegoodpenguono
- Each tagged photo will count as one entry. You may enter as many times as you'd like!
- You do not need to be finished with your Penguono to be eligible to to win, but you do need to follow @makegoodpod
- On February 1st we'll randomly select one of you to win $150 gift card to Scratch!
- MARCH OF THE PENGUONOS!!! March 6th... more details to come!
Follow us on our new Instagram account @makegoodpod
Submit a question to our next Dear Scratch installment by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Brought to you by Scratch Supply Co.
Episode photo credit: Katriina Luotonen